Welcome to Science is So Sexy!!


For more weekly science articles by Esmeralda,


visit www.mybugsandi.com.


See you Soon for more Sexy Science
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Monday 15 September 2014

National Eczema week 13-21 September 2014

My Dear Sexy Readers,

If you suffer from eczema, you will know how frustrating it can be and how hard it is to avoid scratching!  But you are not alone - it is estimated that 5 million people in the UK suffer from some form of this inflammation of the skin.
While some may have a few patches of eczema around the body, there are many different kinds of this dermatitis, some of which can really affect your day to day living.

We already addressed this subject in an earlier post with the amazing participation of Sugarpuffish.

But I thought I would draw your attention to it this week as this is National Eczema week, so maybe we can share some stories to raise awareness between us Sexy blog readers :)

I'll start.
When my son was born, I met a lot of new friends, I call them my Mummy besties. One of them, her son was badly affected by eczema. She tried everything, every cream. She was breastfeeding her child so she also took notice of what she was ingesting. Slowly, one scab at a time, his eczema cleared and at 2 years of age, he is the most beautiful little blondie blue-eyed boy you could meet. Now and again, his eczema flairs up like for example, when they went on holiday, he was constantly scratching the small of his back because of nappy heat rash. It is difficult to pin point the reason for his eczema and to know if it will flair up again later on in life, but help is out there, and awareness days or weeks like this one are important for everyone!


What about you, do you suffer from Eczema, or do you know anyone who is?

See you Soon for more Sexy Science,

4 comments:

  1. I have it an it can flare up so badly, it didn't bother me as a child but when I;m stressed it flares up for important days at work. Very irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suffer from eczema but I used to work in the health foods industry and would always recommend my customers up their intake of essential fatty acids. This quite often helped, nourishing from within. Laundry powders can often be harsh and exacerbate such conditions too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth, thanks for dropping by. You might be interested to read about SLS then. I previously wrote about them and yes people who have a eczema/dry patches-prone skin should be aware of this.You can check out the Previously on SiSS tab to find the article (sorry, I don't want to spam my own comment box ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gemma. Did you know that this week was Eczema awareness week? On the website (if you click on the image), there are some activities across UK, there might be one near you :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Sexy

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider