Welcome to Science is So Sexy!!


For more weekly science articles by Esmeralda,


visit www.mybugsandi.com.


See you Soon for more Sexy Science
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Monday 30 June 2014

Inspire your daughters with Science, Technology, Maths and Engineering (STEM) subjects

My Dear Sexy Readers,

I'm always on the look out for some amazing sciencey stuff across the net to share on Twitter. I use my twitter account as a list of links to really great reads, videos, pix, etc... So, really, this one should go on there but because it's so relevant, I wanted to share it with you on the blog too!
It's a video about how, from very early on, we can influence our children by repetitive actions or words. This one focuses on the fact that we tell girls they are pretty, not to get messy, that there's no point in exploring manual things, it's best to leave that to boys. This repetitive behaviour would shape a girl into thinking she's not fit for STEM subjects.



What do you think, my Sexy Readers, do you agree? Or do you think it's just a stereotype, it doesn't really happen? What other repetitive words or actions have you heard that influenced you throughout your life?
Let me know in the comments box, thank you for sharing your experiences, you're super Sexy!

See you Soon for Some Sexy Science,

6 comments:

  1. As a parent I wouldn't mind if my daughter was technical minded and likes science and maths, I already have a son who likes these things so what difference would it make if I had a daughter, none at all. I like to let my children be who they want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post I think it is so important to teach young girls about all career options. I am a firm beliver that there should be no gender roles x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fiona for your comment, I don't think any parent would mind though but I think it's about subconscious things we say and do that might influence the way daughters, and sons, feel about STEM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kitty, nice to see again on SiSS. I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its important to teach girls and boys the same tasks , there should not be treated differently and both should be encouraged to be able to do all tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is such an inspiring advert and something that we should take more notice of!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Sexy

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider