Welcome to Science is So Sexy!!


For more weekly science articles by Esmeralda,


visit www.mybugsandi.com.


See you Soon for more Sexy Science
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Wednesday 21 May 2014

#MyBodyDoesWhat? - The Liver Chapter

My Dear Sexy Readers,

As promised, I'm starting this brand new Sexy mini-series 'My Body Does What?' - Don't forget to say 'What?' on a higher pitch ;) with the amazing Liver! Because it's kind of boring stuff to read, I decided to make it into an infographic so you can Pin it, Tweet it, tumblr it for future reference ;). If you are a student, this won't make up for the studying you're supposed to do, but I think it's a nice basic help you can pin on your wall, and I really do mean print and pin it with a pin on a cemented wall, but Facebook wall is cool too ;)
I also would like to mention that last night, a few weeks after preparing the first version of this infographic, I went down the pub for the Pint Of Science festival! The event that I attended was in 2 parts. The first one by Dr Nathan Davies focused on the amazing roles and functions of the liver, what happens when it goes wrong, what should we do to avoid it. The second one by Dr Jane Macnaughtan focused on probiotics and their potential to heal the liver (future Sexy post coming up - Now ready HERE).
Yes, that's right, you can drink a pint and learn about what it does to your body - Enlightening ;).
For recap, I went to the +PintOfScience website, chose my city - London, my topic - Understanding our Bodies, and off I went to the pub to learn about the liver and probiotics. It was that easy, and if you missed your chance, there's always next year ;) I CAN'T WAIT to see what the organisers are going to prepare for us!! Watch this space! 
Alright, here it is the #Pint2014-modified version of our Sexy first #MyBodyDoesWhat? infographic:

#MyBodyDoesWhat Liver ScienceSoSexy infogarphic SSS
#MyBodyDoesWhat? The Liver Chapter
BTW, I've just created a new Pinterest board for our Sexy Infographics, so feel free to connect with me.

Of course, let me know what you think, and what would you like me to cover next? I'm thinking more obscure but vital organs such as Spleen and Pancreas, what do you think?

See you Soon for more Sexy Science,

4 comments:

  1. I would like to hear more about this, seems very interesting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, do you mean the Pint of Science Festival? Well, if you are free tonight, you can still catch some talks down the pub, just choose your city and topic www.pintofscience.com

      Delete
  2. i loved learning about the body at school. great post to get your readers thinking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chloe. It makes me think too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Sexy

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider