Welcome to Science is So Sexy!!


For more weekly science articles by Esmeralda,


visit www.mybugsandi.com.


See you Soon for more Sexy Science
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Thursday 29 January 2015

Shelf Life - a Collection for Curious Minds

My Dear Sexy Readers,

I was contacted a few weeks ago by Roberto from the Department of Marketing at the American Museum of Natural History. He was telling me about their new original series called Shelf Life which is on the history and importance of scientific collections. Curious as I am, I clicked, clicked clicked and discovered these videos, watched them with big wide eyes the same way my son discovers new episodes of Peter Rabbit!
Shelf Life is a collection for curious minds—opening doors, pulling out drawers, and taking the lids off some of the incredible, rarely-seen items in the American Museum of Natural History - Tweet This

Shelf Life is a monthly feature and 3 episodes have been published so far.
Here is their first one:



What I found interesting in this first instalment is the fact that they have 200 scientists, working on 33 million items classified in anthropology, paleontology, vertebrate or invertebrates, rocks and gems but they also have a massive collection of frozen DNA-containing tissue available to scientists all over the world. More surprisingly, they have 12 meteorites from mars!!!! But also, the astrophycisists are amassing massive digital data from the skies.
It truly is a 21st Century Museum Collection!

In the second episode, my highlight was "The wonder part of these collections is not so much in the object but in the relationship in what they tell us in a sophisticated way."

Their next episode is premiering on February the 17th. If you are interested in getting updates, you can subscribe to their Youtube channel. I can't wait to discover what they have in their drawers :)

See you Soon for more Sexy Science,
Website
amnh.org/shelflife


1 comment:

  1. I have hazel eyes and my sons mother has green eyes my son is a 12.6% !!!! His blue eyes are great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Sexy

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider