Welcome to Science is So Sexy!!


For more weekly science articles by Esmeralda,


visit www.mybugsandi.com.


See you Soon for more Sexy Science
Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider

Friday 31 October 2014

Trick or Treat - A UNICEF Halloween initiative

My Dear Sexy Readers,

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that today is Halloween!!!


If you are in the US, this is a great alternative to the unhealthy trick or treat tradition:

Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF began in 1950 as a way to help kids who need more than candy. Since then, children all over America have gone door-to-door on Halloween with UNICEF collection boxes, calling out, "Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF!" They have raised more than $170 million for the U.S. Fund for UNICEF since 1950.
Trick or Treat for UNICEF
Now, this is not the usual science topic I treat you to ;) But as you can see on the image above, one the thing you can help raise money for is Vaccination kits for children.

This gives me a fantastic opportunity to let you know or remind you if you've seen it before that Seran's infographic on children immunisation programme is up.

This is another thing you can do this Halloween, you can share it, you can tweet it, you can +'s it - Help dismiss some of the claims anti-vaxxers make to rally hesitant parents.

It's becoming a cruel fact that we cannot rely on our herd immunity anymore so our children need our help to build it back up so all of them, vaccinated or not (for medical reasons or others) are protected!

See you Soon for more Sexy Science,

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. I love it when scientists share their knowledge in a public friendly way and unfortunately there is so much crappy information out there by self proclaimed experts which usually never have seen a lab from the inside. I just found your blog and you just gained a new subscriber. Do you mind if i advertise your blog to my readers? I think its well worth a read for my subscribers.
    xxx
    Mica (the person not the silicate)

    http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is done. I hope you are okay with the form i chose. I included you into my oktober favourites. And no need to thank me, i have to thank you for writing such a great blog. I know how much work it is to research all of this :)


    http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be/2014/11/oktober-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sharing is Sexy

Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider